Sunday, June 28, 2015

Hello beautiful Colorado


I realize that I have not updated my blog since Arkansas. We have flown through Oklahoma and Kansas. I cannot believe we are already in Colorado. This state is one of my favorites so far. As we were riding into pueblo today, I could see the Rockies in the distance and I was so excited to see mountains again. 

Oklahoma and Kansas have been tough, but good for the team at the same time. We love a good challenge. We had the opportunity to have a build day in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. We worked along side the local habitat to paint a house and another group worked on building components for framing a house. I got to work with Vinny, Abby, and Emma. We had a fantastic day getting to know each other while volunteering. 

We had a great ride into Wichita, where we stayed at the united Methodist church. Our wonderful hosts had a picnic in the park that night for us. From there we headed to stafford and the wind was brutal! We had a crosswind and it was everything I could do to pedal along at 11 mph. The Kansas winds were so brutal. 

In stafford we worked with their economic development office. A group of us did a demolition project and then another group helped paint a store front, a shed, and bleachers. I am so thankful for the hospitality those in stafford showed us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment