Saturday, June 13, 2015

Happy wedding day Jennifer!


"The ultimate touchstone of friendship is not improvement, neither of the other or of the self, the ultimate touchstone is witness, the privilege of having been seen by someone and the equal privilege of being granted the sight of the essence of another, to have walked with them and to have believed in them, and sometimes just to have accompanied them for however brief a span, on a journey impossible to accomplish alone." -David Whyte 

Today I missed my best friend's wedding.  Jennifer Marshall became Jennifer Lott. To Jennifer, I hope you had the BEST day ever and I'm sorry I wasn't there to be a part of your special day. I love you. Thank you for being an amazing friend alllll these long years. (24 to be exact.) thank you do understanding my need for adventure and for a new challenge. I'm there in spirit and you can come to me for anything.... Even when in I'm Arkansas. You're an amazing friend. Love ya to the moon and back girl. 


Soo... I'm in Arkansas! Two days ago we crossed over the Mississippi from Memphis. We actually had to be shuttled over in three groups on the van becaus it's illegal to ride your bike over that bridge. (And super dangerous.) after shuttling across, Marlee dropped us off and we headed to Forrest City. I was really surprised by the sudden terrain change once we crossed over the Mississippi. The city if Memohis had suddenly faded into a flat farmland in just a matter of miles. 

After Forrest City, we had a century into Little Rock. Carolyn and I were sweep. Sweep's job is to stay behind and make sure everybody gets in safely. We also carry a med kit and spare tires. Tess also joined our group and we named ourselves, sweep's angels. 



We had a really long day, but all in all it was a great one. I really enjoyed riding with Tess and Carolyn. They have both grown so much as cyclists and it was cool to ride with them and see their confidence grow. 

We stayed at Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock. A huge shout out to Doug for letting us stay there and everyone who cooked for us and made us feel at home. The next day (Jennifer's wedding day) we had a build day. We worked with Habitat at their awesome ReStore. We also helped clear a lot where they were gunna plant a garden. 



Doug was nice enough to shuttle us all to the bike shop after our build day and a couple of us walked to Starbucks to get our coffee on. Big surprise, huh? The night was filled with a dance party, lots of food, and prom commitee meetings (yes, we're having prom.)

We had another century today! I can honestly say that this was my favorite one yet. I rode with Zack, Melissa, and Jackie. We got lost twice and did an extra nine miles, but we all remained positive and had a blast. 

 



The longer I stay in Bike and Build land, the more I love it. I love waking up everyday before 5:00 am (ehhh) to awesome music, putting on my spandex, rushing around to get my bike stuff together, and hitting the road super early. Every day I get to ride with new people and have different adventures. I never know what I'm gunna get. I love that about bike and build. I also love that I'm pushed on this trip. I've done so many things I've never thought possible. So... Thank you bike and build and thank you to everyone who has been a part of this so far. More to come.... 




And Jennifer... Love you and congratulations. 





The socks were good LUCK indeed. 😉

2 comments:

  1. Nice post..
    Iyer people get married with in the same community. Register on Matchfinder Iyer matrimony to get matches delivered to your email everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The event could not have gone more smoothly, and from my perspective, less stressfully. I was able to relax, let my hair down, and totally enjoy the party, and felt totally pampered and cared for by their manager. The food at venues for weddings in Los Angeles was excellent, and the floral were gorgeous and reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete